Saturday, March 29, 2008

Back to Work...

Well, perhaps not for a few minutes. I am listening to one of my favourite pieces of music: Vaughan Williams' The Lark Ascending. (I've never heard a lark, of course, though I believe there are some in Victoria.) The music makes me think of wide grassy spaces and vast blue skies, gentle temperatures and pleasant breezes. Do other people have gardening music too?

We have been away at Katoomba Easter Convention over the Easter break, enjoying both the Bible teaching and the Blue Mountains scenery. Since then, I've been trying to catch up on a number of fronts!

Today, I am a free woman for a while. I still need to do some housework, but I will fit in some gardening. Here are some of my plans:
  • Move the chook dome and use glyphosate on any remaining grass.
  • Decide where to plant my new spring bulbs.
  • Fertilise my native garden bed.
  • Add more vegie seedlings to the most recent guild area.

1 comment:

Yolanda Elizabet Heuzen said...

I like to garden with classical music or to the music of birds. It's a pity you've never heard a lark sing, it is really special!

Have a great weekend!