Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Couple of Lists

Firstly, a list of the seeds I planted last weekend. August is still too cold to plant warm-season crops in Sydney. While the day temperatures are lovely, it's still too cold (and occasionally frosty) at night, so my punnets stay either on a heating pad or on the porch overnight.
  • Beetroot 'Globe'
  • Broccoli 'Romanesco'
  • Pak Choy
  • Kohlrabi
  • Leek 'Elephant'
  • Lettuce 'Australian Yellow Leaf'
  • Silverbeet 'Five Colour Mix'
  • Coriander and dill
Unfortunately for me, the Sprig trod on a watering tray and upset two punnets. I shoved the contents back in but am now expecting two punnets of mixed seedlings!

Secondly, a list of the new seeds I've ordered. I have several different kinds of tomato, bean and lettuce already, so don't assume I won't be planting things because I haven't bought them! My mother has a collection of shoes; I have seeds.
  • Sweet Corn 'True Gold'
  • Sweet Corn 'Golden Bantam'
  • Leek 'King Richard'
  • Bean 'Yin Yang'
  • Broad Bean 'Aquadulce'
  • Beetroot, Heirloom Mix
  • Cabbage 'Mini'
  • Capsicum Mini Sweet Mix
  • Cucumber, 'Lebanese Mini Muncher'
  • Eggplant, Heirloom Mix
  • Kale, 'Tuscan Black'
  • Onion, Borrettana Yellow
  • Pea 'Greenfeast'
  • Pea 'Purple Podded Dutch'
  • Florence Fennel
Also ordered Windfalls, a lovely little preserving book by Sue Ruchel. I have read the original version (it was recently revised) and it is for people like me, who don't make a habit of preserving food but like to do it occasionally, in small quantities (as the title suggests). Bottling a year's supply of tomatoes is not in my plan, but the occasional batch of chutney or lemon butter might be.

3 comments:

Jim/ArtofGardening said...

I have another list for you. Rumor has it you're looking for lighting ideas for your patio.

I have bunch of posts on lighting you may want to check out.

Visit:
http://artofgardeningbuffalo.blogspot.com/search/label/Outdoor%20Lighting

Anonymous said...

Oh, I think I need that book! btw would you like some kumquats? I have too many to pickle.

Teresa McNamara said...

I love your lists. You are so productive. I have several passion fruit sitting on my bench and I keep looking at them and thinking I should make passion fruit butter but I wouldn't know where to start these days