Monday, March 14, 2011

Enter the Bobcat

After demolition, there's always mess to clean up. In our case, there was gravel on the driveway that needed to be put into the retention pit, the spoil from the pit, and then the bricks from the house.


Enter the bobcat! The driver is bringing gravel from the driveway to the pile.


Then he'd move on to grab some spoil, which he'd take out to the truck (just visible at the top of the driveway in the photo above).


He was very quick indeed; it was difficult to take photos. By the end of the day, my back yard no longer contained a huge heap of clay.


Another view:


The two pit drains are only just visible above, but this is what they look like close up. Not great, alas.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Progress!

Chookie said...

Yup!

Paul Brenan said...

These machines are amazing...when I had some work done to my garden I don't know what I would have done without my little Bobcat Compact Excavator...