Saturday, September 3, 2011

Details from my Kitchen

The most effective kind of education is that a child should play amongst lovely things. (Plato)
I feel like that child today, as I see daylight in my completed kitchen.

The upper cabinets.


Lower cabinetry.


Enjoying the contrast between the E0 birch ply and the red hardwood.


I didn't know my builders were installing this metal edge. I've seen the tiles just stop in some kitchens, but mine have a punctuation mark.


Steel handles from Hafele -- comfortable, strong and recyclable.


Red timber, steel edging, speckled grey tiles, 'Nougat' Caesarstone: I am so pleased by the colour combinations.


The character marks in recycled timber -- nail holes:


A borer track through the recycled timber:


Light glows through the quartz on the bench edge.


The timber shelf between the kitchen and family room. I keep stroking it.


End grain on the timber shelf between kitchen and family room.

2 comments:

Southern Sisters said...

oh your kitchen is looking good

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Ooooooh, I like it!!I love all the wood. And you're not alone in stroking lovely house things!! *blush*

Sarahx